The Collective is currently in the process of hiring the available positions listed below.
After carefully reviewing the position descriptions, please follow the On-Boarding checklist to begin the hiring process.
The Collective Concept @Chicago
The Collective Concept is seeking an Executive Assistant reporting directly to the President/CEO, theExecutive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President and CEO, with Board members, donors, Foundation staff, and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support & Liaison
• Serves as the President's administrative liaison to Calvert Foundation's board of directors
• Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
• Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
• Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and
board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in /paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
• Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all- staff meetings
• Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans
Communications, Partnerships, & Outreach
• Ensures that the President's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general
• Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
• Works with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the President's outreach activities
• Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
• Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters from the President to donors
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various
competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in an non-profit organization
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social media web platforms.
The Collective Concept @Chicago
The Collective Concept is seeking an outstanding Project Manager to organize a new Creative Services production team. Reporting to the Director of Account Management, the ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating websites, marketing collateral, Copywriting, occasional client communication via email, phone conference & in person meetings and other special projects from kickoff to final delivery, working closely with cross-functional, inter-departmental project teams.
• Design and manage a creative brief process to capture all required information for each project.
• Understand business goals, communicate success metrics, define project scope, and collaborate to provide creative solutions to complex requests.
• Foster positive relationships with various functional and departmental groups to develop project pipeline
• Ensure project goals are captured in concise briefs.
• Schedule and conduct project kick-off meetings and creative review meetings with project owners and creative team.
• Provide support to marketing, development, content and design team members by coordinating assets and resources.
• Receive and process new project requests in a timely manner.
• Maintain project roadmap to ensure both short and long-term projects are being addressed
• Conduct stand ups with product team to ensure projects are on schedule
• Ensure all deadline and status info is accurate and up-to-date for projects
• Provide bi-weekly status updates to organization
• Provide regular status updates to key stakeholders on their projects.
Requirements - you must be ...
• Organized — You possess superb attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Articulate — You exhibit strong oral and written communication skills when communicating goals and timelines to internal team members and key stakeholders.
• Highly collaborative — You strive to partner cross-functionally to deliver the very best products to our consumers.
• Approachable — You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and exhibit a willingness to provide support to all functional groups.
• 5+ years of project related work experience (preference for agile)
• Basic understanding of front-end web technology, UX design, content strategy, graphic design,
and related tools and processes
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
• Able to work on interdepartmental project teams with tight deadlines
• Ability to routinely balance multiple tasks across concurrent projects
• Preferred experience working with project management software Jira and Confluence
Please contact email@example.com for questions regarding employment.